Polymers and Nanomaterials: Traversing New Frontiers in Biotechnology
The ‘contact sport’ of material science and life science has led to a plethora of innovations in recent years. The scientific fraternity has witnessed an unmatched impact of nanomaterials, polymeric materials and polymeric nanocomposites in a myriad of domains. The various realms of bioengineering and biotechnology stand in testimony to it. In this context, Journal of PeerScientist, has planned for a special issue on ‘Polymers and Nanomaterials: Traversing New Frontiers in Biotechnology’ that is envisaged to be a useful resource for readers from diverse fields. This issue shall act as a portal to the present status of the biotechnological applications of these materials.
Original research manuscripts, critical reviews, mini-reviews, case reports, perspectives, communications, letter to the editor, methodology article, opinion, and analyses are solicited for this issue. In this context, we solicit papers that highlight the preparation, characterization, and applications of these materials, related to (please note: the list is non-exhaustive):
- Biomolecule immobilization; Biosensing/ Chemosensing; Separation and purification of molecules and cells
- Environmental biotechnology including bioenergy production, waste management, bioleaching, water purification etc.
- Enzyme Biotechnology
- Food Biotechnology including pathogen detection, food fortification etc.
- Green packaging materials
- Marine/Freshwater Biotechnology including diatom nanotechnology, antifouling coatings etc.
- Medical Biotechnology including targeted cargo (drug, gene etc.) delivery, therapeutic and diagnostic tools, implants and medical devices, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, immunotechnology, antimicrobial agents, hyperthermia, MRI contrast enhancement etc.
- rDNA technology/ genetic engineering
- Biochemical Engineering and Bioprocess Engineering (Fermentation technology)
- Plant Tissue Culture
- Advanced tools and techniques including microfluidics etc.
- Novel insights into cell functions and molecular processes involving complex signaling pathways, genomics and proteomics
- Biotoxicity, Ecotoxicity, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
It is pertinent to note that your submission to this journal is complemented by the following attributes:
- High visibility of your research across global scientific community via PeerScientistnetwork
- Easy to submit online article submission system
- Peer review by experts in the field
- Highly flexible publication fee policy
- Immediate publication upon acceptance
- Open access publication for unrestricted distribution
Please submit your manuscript via the journal’s web portal at http://journal.peerscientist.com/ . Please indicate on the submission menu that your paper is for the specialissue, ‘Polymers and Nanomaterials: Traversing New Frontiers in Biotechnology’.